We can make a difference. This is NOT a done deal.
We need to tell Our Personal Stories and how the project will impact us, our families, and community.
We need your help.
Things you can do:
- Comment on the DEIS before April 20
- Please consider going to this website and adding your name to the letter being sent to Karen Kelleher and others in the Bureau. The letter can be edited to add your story.
- Email or call your U.S. Congressional Delegates:
- Rep. Mike Simpson – Linda Culver, 208-734-7219, Linda.Culver@mail.house.gov
- Sen. Mike Crapo – Samantha Marshall, 208-734-2515, Samantha_Marshall@crapo.senate.gov
- Sen. Jim Risch – Mike Mathews, 208-734-6780, Mike_Mathews@Risch.senate.gov
- Contact county commissioners who are serving on the BLM Lava Ridge Subcommittee and share your concerns:
- Commissioner Ben Crouch, Jerome County, at email@example.com
- Commissioner Rebecca Wood, Lincoln County, at firstname.lastname@example.org and 208-320-1387 (cell) and 208-886-0011 (cell)
- Commissioner Wayne Shenk, Minidoka County at email@example.com and 208-670-2202
- Contact County Commissioners- Tell your personal story and how the project impacts you, your family, and your community.
- Jerome County https://www.jeromecountyid.us
- Lincoln County http://lincolncountyid.us/commissioners-2/
- Minidoka County http://lincolncountyid.us/commissioners-2/
- Email or call your County Commissioners, attend County Commissioner meetings.
- Share information with us. Tell your friends and family about the project.
- Contact BLM Shoshone Field Office.
- Email/write a letter to state and local BLM officials. We have been assured that they want YOUR stories. Be personal and polite, but passionate!
- Contact BLM RAC
- Attend Public Comment Meetings
- You can submit written comments to the BLM. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share with the Lava Ridge Subcommittee. There is no deadline for written comments.
- Encourage your friends and neighbors to learn more at www.stoplavaridge.com and share information with us at email@example.com
- Create and Post Stop Lava Ridge Signs in your yards and on Social Media
- Join us on Facebook
Thank you ranchers, farmers, local residents from the Magic Valley, and supporters. By working together, we can defend our livelihoods and way of life!